Legacy Online School respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website legacyonlineschool.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you enroll or attempt to enroll in a course through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Enrollment Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Enrollment Information that we collect generally to enroll you in any courses placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for course materials, and providing you with invoices and/or enrollment confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Enrollment Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our enrollments for potential risk or fraud;
Generate analytics about how our students browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our courses or services;
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our students browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Additionally, we use this Device Information to:
Show you relevant ads through various advertising platforms, including, but not limited to, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION?
We have a legal obligation to process your data related to payments and orders to and from our store.
We have a contractual basis for processing your data when you place an order, request a quote or a free sample. We will use this to fulfill orders, provide good customer service and technical support as well as keep track of where things are with you and to provide a better service.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your data where our commercial interests are concerned and we are not doing anything you wouldn’t expect or likely to cause you harm. For example, we do not store or process your data of birth.
If none of the above applies to you we will rely on your consent in order to process your data. We will only rely on your consent when processing your data for carrying out direct marketing activities.
We only collect and process the data we need.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. The following categories of organization may have access to your data:
Cloud software programs (including, but not limited to: B24, Stripe) in order to store and process your data, and provide you with relevant informational and marketing materials.
Couriers (including, but not limited to: FedEx and UPS) in order to fulfill your orders and requests.
Analytics, Research & Marketing Software (including, but not limited to: Google Analytics, MailChimp and HotJar) to better understand your behaviour and serve you with relevant informational and marketing materials.
Companies providing us with professional services, such as web development or consultancy (including, but not limited to Public Tax, Corp).
You can read more about how some of these companies use your Personal Information here:
https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ (You can opt out of MailChimp by following an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email we sent you)
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of (or adjust your preferences for) targeted advertising by following the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your rights are as follows:
- To have your personal data corrected, restricted or erased.
- To port (transfer) your personal data to another controller.
- To withdraw consent, where consent is our legal basis for processing your personal data.
- To access the personal data held about you.
- To object to processing.
Where we have a legal obligation to process your personal data (for example, accounting purposes) you do not have the right to erasure, portability or objection to processing.
Where we have a contractual basis for processing your personal data (for example you bought something from us, requested a quote or a free sample) you do not have the right to object, but you do have the right to erasure and portability.
Where we have a legitimate interest for processing your data (for example, where our commercial interests are concerned and we are not doing any processing you wouldn’t reasonably expect), you have the right to erase and to object, but not to portability.
Where we have obtained your consent to process your data you do not have the right to object, but you can withdraw your consent at any time and you do have the right to erasure and portability.
You always have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, whatever the lawful basis applies.
Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States. Our Subprocessors may be located anywhere in the world.
Personal Information shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Information collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Information collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
WILL I BE SUBJECT TO AUTOMATIC DECISION MAKING?
We may send you different content, depending on your industry, job title and your history of engagement with our website and emails, in order to provide you with relevant, useful information that we believe will help you. No other automatic decision making will take place.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T PROVIDE MY INFORMATION
If you don’t provide your information we are unable to provide you a quote, free sample or any other electronic based information. You are able to phone us and we will do our best to answer any questions you may have, but we do encourage you to allow us to use your data to better serve you as a customer.
I DIDN’T GIVE YOU MY PERSONAL DATA, SO WHAT IS ITS SOURCE AND WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA ARE YOU PROCESSING?
We may have got your data from one of the following sources:
- You gave us your data in return for requesting some free content (such as an white paper or access to a webinar).
- You gave us your data in return for us sending you a free sample.
- You requested a quote from us.
- You made an inquiry about educational services.
- Your details were passed to us from one of our partners e.g. niche.com.
- You gave us your details at a show or an event in order for us to provide you with further information.
- Typically we are just processing your name, email address, phone number, company name, job title and what products you may be interested in.
If none of the above apply to you then there is a good chance we have made a mistake, in which case we apologize unreservedly! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will rectify the problem ASAP.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- Right of Access: You have the right to request access to your personal data that we store and have the ability to access your personal data.
- Right of Rectification: If you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e., corrected).
- Right to Erasure: Under certain circumstances, you may request that we erase your personal data from our records.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: In certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, such as in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent, where consent is the legal basis for the processing of your data.
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
7901 4th St N, STE 4000
St. Petersburg, FL 33702, USA